[vtkusers] vtk on intel macbook pro

Anastasia Mironova mironova at sci.utah.edu
Fri May 19 13:55:18 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to install vtk5.0 on my macbook for
quite some time now and it seems like I have tried
everything: building from both tar.gz files and cvs, tried
all kinds of combinations of ON/OFF settings for
VTK_USE_CARBON, VTK_USE_COCOA, and X11 variables in cmake
but I either get compiler errors or the vtk window does
not respond to mouse events.

When I use Carbon and no X11, I get a compiler error:
".../System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:245:
> error: declaration does not declare anything"

and when I disable Carbon and enable Cocoa and i get no
mouse events and the following error in the vtk console:
"RCNE SendEventToEventTarget (suom 8                   )
failed, -9870"

I would really appreciate any insight into the problem and
advice on how to fix it, PLEASE!

-Anastasia