[vtkusers] Installing VTK 5.0 on Mac OSX 10.4.6

Siddartha Krishnan sidd.krish at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:56:22 EDT 2006

I get this error when I run it from an X11.app terminal window. Any
Idea as to what is causing it?

user409:~ siddarthakrishnan$ g++ test.cpp -I/usr/local/include/
vtk-5.0 -L/Develo
p/VTKBuild/Bin -lvtkCommon -lvtkFiltering -lvtkRendering -
lvtkGraphics -lvtkImag
ing
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/backward/strstream:51,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkIOStream.h:36,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkSystemIncludes.h:
40,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkIndent.h:24,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkObjectBase.h:43,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkObject.h:41,
                  from /usr/local/include/vtk-5.0/vtkProperty.h:31,
                  from test.cpp:1:
/usr/include/c++/4.0.0/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning:
#warning This
file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please
consider usin
g one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++
standard. Examples
include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++
includes, or <i
ostream> instead of the deprecated header <iostream.h>. To disable
this warning
use -Wno-deprecated.
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtksys.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkCommon.dylib (checking for
undefined symbols m
ay be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkIO.dylib.5.0
referenced f
rom: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbols
may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkftgl.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbo
ls may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkfreetype.dylib.
5.0 refere
nced from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined s
ymbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
libvtkDICOMParser.dylib.5.0 ref
erenced from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking
for undefine
d symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkpng.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbol
s may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtktiff.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbo
ls may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkzlib.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbo
ls may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkjpeg.dylib.5.0
referenced
from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symbo
ls may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: libvtkexpat.dylib.
5.0 reference
d from: /Develop/VTKBuild/Bin/libvtkRendering.dylib (checking for
undefined symb
ols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
/usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
libvtkMPEG2Encode.dylib.5.0 ref