[vtkusers] MFC 8, link errors

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:22:33 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to build the SDI example of VTK 5.1 using Visual
Studio 2005 (MFC 8).  Everything compiles fine but I get linker errors.
  I have the following project properties:

Additional library directories: C:\Build\VTKVC\bin\relwithdebinfo

Additional dependencies: vtkCommon.lib vtkexpat.lib vtkFiltering.lib
vtkfreetype.lib vtkftgl.lib vtkGraphics.lib vtkHybrid.lib vtkImaging.lib
vtkIO.lib vtkjpeg.lib vtkpng.lib vtkRendering.lib vtkVolumeRendering.lib
vtkWidgets.lib vtkzlib.lib

Additional Include Directories:
C:\Build\VTK;C:\Source\VTK\Common;C:\Source\VTK\Filtering;C:\Source\VTK\Graphics;C:\Source\VTK\IO;C:\Source\VTK\Rendering;C:\Source\VTK\VolumeRendering;C:\Source\VTK\Widgets;C:\Source\VTK\Imaging;C:\Source\VTK\Hybrid;C:\Build\VTKVC;C:\Build\VTKVC\bin\relwithdebinfo

And I'm still getting lots of unresolved externals, such as:

vtkIO.lib(vtkXMLUtilities.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkFiltering.lib(vtkPiecewiseFunction.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkIO.lib(vtkXMLMaterial.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkIO.lib(vtkXMLShader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkIO.lib(vtkXMLMaterialParser.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkRendering.lib(vtkObserverMediator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkRendering.lib(vtkShader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkCommon.lib(vtkGarbageCollector.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function
__ehhandler$?_Xlen@?$vector at UEntryEdge@vtkGarbageCollectorImpl@@V?$allocator at UEntryEdge@vtkGarbageCollectorImpl@@@std@@@std@@KAXXZ
vtkFiltering.lib(vtkColorTransferFunction.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkFiltering.lib(vtkMultiGroupDataIterator.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo
vtkFiltering.lib(vtkOrderedTriangulator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __imp___invalid_parameter_noinfo

(etc...)

I have seen many posts with similar linker problems but each one seems
to be when libraries weren't properly linked.  As far as I can tell I've
done this yet still have these problems.

Has anyone got VTK 5.1 compiled and running using MSVC++ 2005?

Patrick