[vtkusers] Mangled Mesa Volume Rendering

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:23:18 EDT 2006

OH, you aren't supposed to instantiate the vtkMesa classes directly..

Instead, you should tell the Factories to use Mesa Objects, and that will be
done for you automagically.  Put something like this at the top:

    // Indicate that we want to use Mesa Offscreen
    vtkGraphicsFactory *factGraphics = vtkGraphicsFactory::New();
    factGraphics->SetUseMesaClasses(1);
    factGraphics->Delete();

    vtkImagingFactory *factImage = vtkImagingFactory::New();
    factImage->SetUseMesaClasses(1);
    factImage->Delete();

Fyi, this has been dealt with before:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-March/078880.html

Kitware guys, is there anything that can be done to make this a bit more
"explicit"?  Like put something in the mesa-object construtors to see if the
factories are configured for Mesa Classes & spit out a warning or an error?