[vtkusers] vtk mfc double click

maya gen genmayaius at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 09:07:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  I've built an application following the "SDI_Instructions" under "Examples\GUI\Win32\vtkMFC", and I want to add an observer for handling double click (I did not use the vtkMFCWindow class).  I placed the callback at the CView derived class i.e.
  .
  .
  .
  void CvtksdiView::Pipeline()
  {
  }
  static void handle_double_click(vtkObject* obj, unsigned long, void*, void*)
  {
  vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor* iren = vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::SafeDownCast(obj);
  if(iren && iren->GetRepeatCount())
  {
  AfxMessageBox("Double Click");
  }
  }
  void CvtksdiView::OnInitialUpdate()
  {
  CView::OnInitialUpdate();
  // get double click events
  vtkCallbackCommand* callback = vtkCallbackCommand::New();
  callback->SetCallback(handle_double_click);
  this->renWin->GetInteractor()->AddObserver(vtkCommand::LeftButtonPressEvent, callback, 1.0);
  // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class
  }

  this however did not work. Have I done this the wrong way, or should I place the callback somewhere else.

  Thanks in advance