[vtkusers] Envisage -> Mayavi2 -> vtkWriter() question

Thomas Lecocq thlecocq at msn.com
Sun Mar 26 12:20:15 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've surfed across the archive, but I can't really find something that
answers the following :

I'm using Mavayi2 to render some VTK - The data I plot is an
"UnstructuredGrid".
I do a ScalarCutPlane inside the 3D bloc, to get slices (obviously)...

I wondered if there is a way to Export the data used to build that slice
into a file on my disc. The goal is to export horizontal / vertical slices
of an object. I (think) I've successfully found the _vtkObject that's
responsible of the slice, but I can't handle the Write() function as I don't
understand what vtkWriter() needs to work...

The exported data can be either VTK or simple ascii columns, I don't know
what's possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Kindest regards,

Thomas