[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice speed

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Sat Mar 25 13:15:46 EST 2006

Hi Lyubomir,

 There is nothing special about the number "256" in vtkImageReslice,
 so the loss of performance is probably due to a secondary issue.

 For example, if you are using vtkImageActor or vtkImagePlaneWidget
 to display the image, note that the size of the OpenGL texture is always
 a power of two, so an image that is 257 pixels on a side will be displayed
 on a texture that is 512 pixels on a side.

  - David