[vtkusers] Ensight to VTK converter

Renato N. Elias rnelias at oi.com.br
Thu Mar 23 13:49:58 EST 2006

Hi folks,

As I was struggling with my Ensight files written in Fortran and Paraview I
thought about writing a simple VTK/TCL script to convert my files to VTK
format. The script is simple and basically do the following steps:

1- Load several Ensight case files (each one corresponding to a portion of a
parallel unstructured model)
2- Append all case files in only one geometry
3- Save this unified model to a VTK file

It's already working but I'm still having problems with the scalar and
vector transient data. The VTK file created seems to have only the geometry
and the results corresponding to the first time step. Does anyone could give
me a hand? I left the partial script available in
http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias/paraview/ens2vtk.tcl. There's also a
sample file http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias/paraview/sample.zip

Regards

Renato N. Elias