[vtkusers] error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct vtkProperty'! How to use SetColor() ?

charfeddine amir charfeddine_amir at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 23 05:35:27 EST 2006

Hi all
 i get the following error while trying to change my actor color to RED :

 /home/work/AppBase.cxx:4186:error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct vtkProperty'
 /usr/local/include/vtk/vtkActor.h:39: error: forward declaration of 'struct vtkProperty'

 and this is my code :

   vtkActor* actor = vtkActor::New();
   renR->AddActor(actor);

   vtkDataSetMapper* mapper = vtkDataSetMapper::New();
   mapper->SetInput(MeshToUnstructuredGrid( meshSource->GetOutput() ) );

   actor->SetMapper(mapper);
   actor->GetProperty()->SetColor( 1, 0, 0 );

 could any one help me please, and thankx for your time,
 Regards.