[vtkusers] VTk4.4 Tcl Examples seem outdated

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Mar 16 18:50:14 EST 2006

Jonathan

At 06:06 PM 3/16/2006, bailleul jonathan wrote:

>I'm using a freshly-compiled vtk 4.4 (!)
>installation featuring Tcl and Python support, just to run the many examples.
>
>One problem I encounter is that many
>example/test code is incorrect/outdated (?),
>featuring GetOutputPort instead of GetInput,
>SetInputConnection instead of SetInput, and
>other less trivial problems of the same kind.
>So, even in doing efforts, I cannot run all examples.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The Tcl and
Python scripts in the Testing directories are
executed each and every night, and should
therefore be up-to-date. The scripts in the
Examples directory are not, and were sadly bound
to get outdated. We noticed the problem when we
released VTK 5.0 last year, and made sure we
updated all of them. You are free to use any VTK
version, but unless you are constrained to 4.4,
we definitely suggest you give a shot to 5.0, it's a nice one :)

Thanks

>Jonathan BAILLEUL, ATER
>Dept. Génie Biomédical - UTC Compiègne

Go UTC :)