[vtkusers] VTk4.4 Tcl Examples seem outdated

bailleul jonathan jonathan.bailleul at utc.fr
Thu Mar 16 18:06:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm using a freshly-compiled vtk 4.4 (!) installation featuring Tcl and
Python support, just to run the many examples.

One problem I encounter is that many example/test code is
incorrect/outdated (?), featuring GetOutputPort instead of GetInput,
SetInputConnection instead of SetInput, and other less trivial problems
of the same kind. So, even in doing efforts, I cannot run all examples.

e.g: Histogram.tcl
Object named: vtkTemp9, could not find requested method:
GetScalarComponentAsFloat
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

I suppose this topic has been covered already, though I didn't manage to
find (answered) messages about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated,