[vtkusers] Help to generate a data set like headsq/quarter

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Thu Mar 16 13:44:59 EST 2006

Hi Eric!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, OOD OOP wrote:
> Can any body give me small VC++ program to get a dataset like
> headsq/quarter in the example? It is said it is 16 bits for each
> pixel. But I can't generate it.

I am not familiar with VC++, just "plain" C++ using standard file I/O
streams.  I have attached an example program, "volgen.cc", which will
generate a number of slices that can be processed in place of
"headseq/quarter.*" by e.g. "Medical1.cxx".

This will generate 128 slices named "./volseq/volume.*":
| $ g++ -o volgen volgen.cc
| $ mkdir volseq
| $ ./volgen

The resulting volume data will contain something like the distance to
the volume center, so after contouring you should see something looking
like a sphere.

Regards

Obada