[vtkusers] VTK 5.0 build problem; VTKBuildAll, custom rules

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Mar 15 11:38:43 EST 2006

I have also seen this on VS 7.1 when doing a "first build"... It
normally does not happen when doing the "second and later" builds...

Does it succeed if you click build again...?

What this and the occasional lack of successful parallel make indicates
to me is that there's some sort of a problem with the java wrapper
dependencies that are specified in VTK's CMakeLists somewhere. If
anybody can track this down and recommend a fix that works for all
Visual Studios and all parallel make implementations (and then prove
it!!) I'd be happy to buy that genius lunch at the restaurant of his or
her choice...

:-)
David Cole