[vtkusers] Re: GUI interface to use with VTK

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Mar 13 13:41:51 EST 2006

At 01:23 PM 3/13/2006, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
> >> Can anyone advice me? If there's any example code putting VTK +
> >> KWWidgets and VTK + wxWidgets, it would also help me a lot to undestand
> >> how this can work together... By the way, I had problems in downloading
> >> KWWidgets from WIKI site using CVS (I have installed TortoiseCVS
> >> 1.8.25)...any tips?

Hello Beth,

I'm the KWWidgets project lead, and I was wondering if I could help.
There are great UI toolkits out-there, but I would definitely
recommend KWWidgets if you are planning to deal with VTK intensively,
since it offers the high-level
<http://www.kwwidgets.org/Wiki/Image:KWWidgetsVTKWidgetsOverview.png>visualization-oriented
widgets like surface material editors, simple animation generators,
<http://www.kwwidgets.org/Wiki/Image:KWWidgetsTransferFunctionEditors.png>transfer
function editors, annotation editors, window/level and volume
property preset editors, text property editors, 2D and 3D rendering
widgets to name a few. KWWidgets is what we are using at Kitware for
most (if not all) our open-source (ParaView) and commercial (VolView)
products btw.

What problems did you experience downloading KWWidgets ?

Thanks
http://kwwidgets.org

--
Sebastien Barre