[vtkusers] converting common unstructurd grids to vtkUnstructuredGrids

Dirk Fritz dirk.fri at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 07:25:58 EST 2006

Hi,
I have problems with unstructured grids.  I have a volume dataset, it is
an unstructured grid.  The cell types are   variably, however very
frequently cubes.  The connectivty list entries consist of one point and
his neighbours. Therefore, a point of cube has six neighbours.  How can
I create a vtkUnstructuredGrid. I want receive the isosurface in the
end.  My Problem is, that I have only the neighbours of every point. And
I don't know which Cell type I ought use. Is Convex Point the right?  Is
there anyone, who has experience with converting common unstructurd
grids to vtkUnstructuredGrids?

Thanks,

Dirk