[vtkusers] vtkMFCWindow causing crash in release mode with visualstudio

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:19:04 EST 2006

On 3/9/06, Mark Gooding <mark.gooding at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/06, de Boer Ingo <I.deBoer at polytec.de> wrote:
>
> > I just tried the vtkSDI sample in Release. It worked fine.
> > Except that the samples crash in the end of memory problems :-((
>
> ok -just tried that and I get the same error as I did with my own
> program. At least that means it is something to do with how I've
> installed vtk, right? And nothing I've coded!!

Ok. So now I've recompiled and installed vtk in release mode. Now I
can build and execute my programs, and the examples, in release mode,
but the do not link properly in debug mode. Does this mean I need to
set up two installations of VTK to be able to test my code in both
release and debug modes? Is this how people have installed VTK on
their machines? Or have I missed something?

Cheers,

Mark
(who trashed his operation system at home last night and is going to
spend all weekend rebuilding it! Joy!)