[vtkusers] vtkMFCWindow causing crash in release mode with visualstudio

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:51:21 EST 2006

On 3/9/06, de Boer Ingo <I.deBoer at polytec.de> wrote:

> I just tried the vtkSDI sample in Release. It worked fine.
> Except that the samples crash in the end of memory problems :-((

ok -just tried that and I get the same error as I did with my own
program. At least that means it is something to do with how I've
installed vtk, right? And nothing I've coded!!

Guess I should detail the error:

>>>From error box>>>
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...tk\vtkbin\Examples\GUI\Win32\vtkMFC\vtkSDi\release\vtkSDI.exe
File: f:\vs70builds\3077\vc\MFCATL\ship\atlmfc\include\afxwin1.inl
Line: 23

For more information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Retry to debug the application)
>>>End of error box>>>

Given that it says "debug assertion failed" I wonder if it's a feature
of build vtk in debug rather than release (although, I'm not sure
which I used).

> You could try to build your project in Release mode with debug info
> and debug it.

I'd done that to get to get as far as finding out which line was
causing my pain!

Mark