[vtkusers] Re: [Paraview] Time series in VTK ASCII Data Format

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu Jun 29 08:39:36 EDT 2006

Hi Kush,

The legacy .vtk file format you're using does not directly support time.
In the example you mention (from file-formats.pdf), TIME_LATE is just a
data array; it does not indicate time support. If you want to load time
varying data into ParaView using the .vtk file format, you will need to
load each time step in a separate file as described in the ParaView Guide.

- Amy