[vtkusers] Legacy VTK Format-II

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 27 19:58:15 EDT 2006

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your feedback and looking at my file. They are some other
mistakes too, I just noticed. I am working on it.

I'll let the user's group know.

Cheers,

Kush

> It looks like your VTK header is wrong, and that's why ParaView is
> not detecting the file as a VTK file and why it's crashing when you
> try to use that reader. The header should look more like this:
>
> # vtk DataFile Version 2.0
> unstructured_grid example
> ASCII
> DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID
>
> ccg
>
> On Jun 27, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Kush Tandon wrote:
>
>> Hi Amy and others,
>>
>> I made a very simple tutorial like legacy VTK format file for an
>> unstructured grid. Please find it attached.  Our final goal is to
>> get unstructured, tetrahedron grids with time varying scalars and
>> vectors. I used file_format.pdf as guide.
>>
>> When I try to read it using "Legacy Files Reader", the program
>> ParaView crashes on me. Please advise. It is a small file and if
>> one of you could look where it could be wrong.
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Kush
>>
>> <valid1.vtk>

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg.
College of Oceanic & Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97333
Ph: (541) 737-9658 (Office)/ (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Email: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu/ kushtandon at yahoo.com/
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?
fuseaction=faculty.detail&id=209