[vtkusers] VTK and WxPython

Siddartha Krishnan sidd.krish at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 16:30:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to develop a GUI for a VTK application using wxPython. I am
new to both VTK and wxPython and am not sure even where to start!
 From what I understand, I need to use wxVTKRenderWindow. However,
whenever I try to use it I get the followinf error from xterm (I am
developing on a Mac OSX 10.4):

   Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
   Resource id in failed request:  0x7f023a0
   Serial number of failed request:  6

Could anyone please help me figure out the problem, or perhaps post a
simple example of how to integrate VTK and wxPython.

Thanks for the help!