[vtkusers] vtkThreshold question

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 22:13:23 EDT 2006

I have some code to load ADCIRC data into memory as vtkPolyData.  It's been
working great until yesterday when I tried to pass it to a vtkThreshold to
eliminate some of the "masked" values, and it segfaulted.  a backtrace
showed it somewhere in a vtkDataArray::GetValue call.

I fought with it for a good while, before I just (on a whim) switched from
vtkPolyData to vtkUnstructuredGrid, with all VTK_TRIANGLE cells.  And low
and behold, it works.

Is there some reason why a vtkPolyData can't be thresholded (VTK5.0 stable)?

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist
ERDC MSRC-ITL