[vtkusers] Displaying texture mapped objects; Is vtkActor callable?

shawn mckenzie shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:33:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I am using vtkTextureMapTo* to generate texture coordinates on different
vtkPolyData objects.
At this stage in VTK the pipeline ends with vtkActor taking both the image
and polydata:

polydata object -> vtkDataSetMapper -> vtkActor.setMapper
image file -> vtkTexture -> vtkActor.setTexture

I would like to know when to combine the two objects within the Paraview
pipeline. Is the image mapped to the polydata object in vtkActor?? I had
originally created a filter for vtkActor (using setTexture and setMapper to
take the two objects in) but i get multiple display errors so i believe i
should not be venturing into vtkActor as a filter.

does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can display the image mapped
onto my polydata object?
thanks