[vtkusers] Re: VTK /Cmake OSX universal binary quality dashboards

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Jun 7 13:23:03 EDT 2006

Hi Glen,

maybe it would be best to have a universal build as the quality
dashboard submission?
if you have an intel mac to build it on, using

CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=ppc;i386
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:STRING=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/

I just discovered that is is easy to build universal binaries...

I guess unless someone needs to have an intel only binary for some
specific purpose,
then universal is better as you test building both ppc and i386
architecures at the same time?

but then again the tests would only be run on the intel parts of the
binaries not on the ppc parts...
on an intel machine that is.

Maybe I/We/someone should also submit an OSX universal binary VTK
quality dashboard built on a PPC.
I have a G5 powermac that could be used for that,
if someone shows me how to set up the nightly build and dashboard
submission....

cheers

Dan

On 7 Jun 2006, at 18:45, Glen Lehmann wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> OK, I've just submitted a carbon dashboard built on an intel Mac.  I
> don't know how often Kitware's VTK dashboard rolls up and it won't
> show up until then.  Tomorrow's dashboard will also build the Tcl
> libraries.
>
> There were 2 Tk-related build errors that I have just committed a fix
> for, the bug report is here:
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=3233
>
> The only remaining difference between our builds now is Python2.4.  I
> suggest turning on CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE and post (or log a bug with)
> the compiler error.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Glen
>

> On 07/06/06, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
>> On 2006-06-07 15:13, Dan White said:
>>
>> >Anyone else managed a OSX x86 intel VTK build?
>>
>> I'm not sure if it will be useful, but you could look at my nightly
>> cmake build.  It is built on a PPC but is a Universal Binary:
>>
>> <http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearchPPC/Darwin8.6-G4-
>> gcc4.0.1-univ/20060607-0100-Nightly/Notes.html>
>>
>> --
>> Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com
>> Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
>> Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35