[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget and interaction on OS X 10.4.6

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jun 7 11:18:30 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-31 11:14, Marty Humperdink said:

>I'm using VTK 5.0 (latest release, not cvs) on Mac OSX
>10.4.6 (MacBookPro Intel). I am using Tcl/Tk v8.4.13,
>and the most recent version of Cmake. In using CMake I
>turned Carbon off, Cocoa on, and Wrap Tcl/Tk on.
>
>I'm trying to run VTK-Tcl scripts which I originally
>ran (without problems) with VTK5.0 binary for Windows
>(ie I didn't compile but just downloaded the
>installer).

I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing about Tcl/Tk, but since no one else
replied...

>While most of the scripts run (produce graphics
>without crashing) they do not respond to mouse events
>or 'u' keystroke as expected since I used
>vtkRenderWindowInteractor. I did see a posting last
>week which described similar behaviour to which you
>replied and mentioned bug report 2025.

It could be the same problem... the symptoms sure sound the same.

In what kind of environment do these Tcl/Tk scripts run?  I mean, is
there a Tcl/Tk host application?  Or does running a Tcl/Tk script spawn
a new process?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com