[vtkusers] Who knows how to do view frustum culling with vtk?

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Jun 5 10:47:03 EDT 2006

Please keep the discussion on the list instead of
e-mailing me directly. This allows the discussion
to be archived, and it lets other people contribute to the answer.

The documentation for the class
vtkFrustumCoverageCuller is here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkFrustumCoverageCuller.html.

Check some of the Tcl examples in
VTK/Rendering/Testing/Tcl for examples of using
the vtkFrustumCoverageCuller (e.g.,
volRCClipPlanes.tcl, volRCCropRegions.tcl,
etc.).  The code looks like the following.

[ren1 GetCullers] InitTraversal
set culler [[ren1 GetCullers] GetNextItem]
$culler SetSortingStyleToBackToFront

- Amy