[vtkusers] vtk50 Pipeline issue

H.Huisman at rad.umcn.nl H.Huisman at rad.umcn.nl
Fri Jun 2 11:26:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have recently switched to vtk5 and I'm trying to figure out the
following problem. I have a viewer in which I can display slices of
image volumes. In vtk4 whenever I changed the pipeline it was only
updated for that slice, providing quick interaction. In my pipeline I
have a vtkImageChangeInformation object. In vtk5 this object gives me a
problem. See the following code snippet to demonstrate the problem.

                vtkImageChangeInformation qqq

                qqq SetInputConnection [hess GetOutputPort]

                set i [qqq GetOutput]

                $i UpdateInformation

                $i SetUpdateExtent 10 20 30 40 50 60

                puts [$i Print]

                $i Update

                puts [$i Print]

Here I explicitly ask for an update of a small extent. Yet when I
execute the snippet the whole extent is requested by
vtkImageChangeInformation at its input. This leads to very slow
behaviour and I'm desperately looking for a way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Henkjan