[vtkusers] surface reconstruction filter faulty surface output

Tim Hutton tim.hutton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:11:55 EDT 2006

Did you run vtkContourFilter on the output, with the threshold at
zero?  (see the examples linked off the help page) Otherwise, the
filter outputs a volume, and just rendering that will give you a solid
block.

If you have, then it's perfectly possible that your data doesn't meet
the requirements for that filter (follow the reference on the class
help page). In that case, try http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust/
instead.

Tim

On 6/1/06, shawn mckenzie <shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am applying the surfaceReconstructionFilter to a set of scattered points
> representing a rough surface. The filter is always producing a cube as
> output, seemingly not recognizing the data points. Is the output supposed to
> be a rectangular structure? or am I missing something in regard tothe code.
>
> any suggestions? thanks
>
> shawn

Tim Hutton - http://www.sq3.org.uk

Take the Organic Builder challenge -