[vtkusers] Run VTK for the first time

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jul 26 18:35:36 EDT 2006

When you run "vtk" you are running the vtk's version of the tcl
interpretter.
To see something interesting you have to give the interpretter something
to do.

Try running it on one of the test programs that come with the vtk
source, like so:

vtk PATHTOYOURVTKSOURCE\Rendering\Testing\Tcl\rotations.tcl

You should see something like a cow spun around into a circle.

hope that helps
Dave DeMarle