[vtkusers] How to convert *.txt file to vtk file? Thanks.

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jul 26 09:27:06 EDT 2006

Dean

you do

svn checkout https://svn.cscs.ch/vtkContrib/trunk/ vtkContrib

this will create a directory called vtkContrib and populate it with the
contents of the repository. Most of this code in Common is stuff that I
wrote when developing RPD and other projects and am using from time to
time here at CSCS, in the vtkCSCS folders are PointSpreites, a GPU based
mapper for rendering spheres fast and my netCDF reader. I'm in the
process of putting together some pages, WIKI and stuff like that with
help etc. We also have a dashboard running nightly to build it all and
I'll make that visible outside soon. Please don't jump the gun with too
many questions..

I'm hoping to give users who wish to contribute code to vtk but can't
spend the time creating fully vtk compatible stuff write access so that
they can
1) contribute classes
2) update WIKI
3) contribute builds to the dashboard
4) generally help out in any way that they see fit.
5) But I won't enforce any style, testing, warnings requirements, the
only requirement on contributed classes/modules will be that the code
builds every night and if it fails for a significant amount of time,
will be removed until a new volunteer wishes to manage it.

I have quite a few more classes lying about that I'll gradually add in.

I'm still waiting on webSVN browser, but a WIKI and dashboard are
working internally. A bug tracker has been requested, hopefully, I won't
be retired before it is installed and running ( we need it for another
project, so hopefully it will happen).

JB