[vtkusers] VTK on "Catamount"

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:59:14 EDT 2006

Kewl, I was hoping you'ld chime in :)  For now, I'll take this as a
semi-official notice that VTK/Paraview on XT3 is a "no-go" until the OS
Upgrade.

I'm surprised to hear you say that about CMake Tho.  I know that the one
time I tried to cross-compile with CMake I didn't get very far and found
other more-entertaining ways to pass the hours.  Andy seemed to think it was
doable, and definately supported.  Any of you Kitware guys care to chime
in?  /poke Bill Hoffman

As for people who want to, us HPC guys definately.. With the differences
between login nodes & operating nodes becoming more prevalent, it's becoming
more of a pain in my ass by the day.  I also imagine the Apple "Universal
Binary" folks would like to see it.

On 7/6/06, Wylie, Brian <bnwylie at sandia.gov> wrote:

>  Randall,
>
> We have tried this... unsuccessfully.... :(
>
> The issue is that CMake doesn't really support of the notion of 'cross
> compililation'.  It's my opinion that CMake should support cross
> compililation but I don't believe there are that many end users for this
> type of functionality so it's probably not on the top of their to do list.
>
> But now we have at least two votes for it. :)
>
> Anyone else out there want to do cross compilation with CMake?
>

> *Brian Wylie - Org 9227*
> *Sandia National Laboratories*
> *MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J*
> *(505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833                       *
>      ____                  _    __
>                                     Unleash the Beast

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist