[vtkusers] who can help me to explain the meaning of "scalar values", thanks

luisc l.perez at iturribizia.com
Mon Jul 3 11:40:51 EDT 2006

Scalar values are numbers which represent the value of a scalar
magnitude (like temperature, density,potential,...) in a point of space.
A set of scalar values in some points of space could be employed to
interpolate a scalar field.

There exists also vector and tensor values. A set of vectors values
could be employed to represent a vector field like displacement,
velocities, acceleration, gradient of a scalar field,...

regards

LuisC.