[vtkusers] vtkImplicitModeller

hamid.laga hamid at is.naist.jp
Sun Jul 2 04:11:54 EDT 2006

I am a new user of VTk.

I want to compute the Euclidean Distance Transform of a 3D model and the
access to the distance values.

here is a portion of the code I used :

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 vtkSphereSource *sphere = vtkSphereSource::New();
  sphere->SetRadius(1.0);
  sphere->SetThetaResolution(18);
  sphere->SetPhiResolution(18);

 vtkImplicitModeller* impModel = vtkImplicitModeller::New();
    impModel->SetInputConnection(sphere->GetOutputPort());
    impModel->SetSampleDimensions(w , h, z);
	impModel->SetMaximumDistance(1.0);
	impModel->SetModelBounds(-3.0, 3.0, -3.0, 3.0, -3.0, 3.0);

I want now to access to the implicit function values at each location of the
voxel grid (i,j,k). I didnt find how to do that.

Can someone help me with this??

Regards,

Hamid