[vtkusers] VTK 5.0 Official Release and Borland C++ Builder 6/2006

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Jan 31 12:50:13 EST 2006

Hi Jiksed,

I maintain 2 experimental dashboards: Proximal which uses
Borland C++ Builder 5, and Superior which
uses the new Borland Developer Studio (BDS) 2006 with
C++ Builder.  Both build a cvs nightly.
Currently there is a problem with shared builds using BDS 2006
but static builds work fine.   I have another machine
using C++ Builder 6 and static builds work fine on it as well.

As for migrating your own vtk classes to vtk 5.0, there were
major changes to the vtk pipeline architecture during 2005. So,
you will likely have to change your code over to incorporate the
new design API.  See the files in VTK/Utilities/Upgrading.

Dean