[vtkusers] gcc 4.0.1 autovectorziation of VTK on OS X 10.4 and linux and windowsXP

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Tue Jan 31 10:59:51 EST 2006

Hi Sean,

will do,
building right now
on an apple powemac G5 1.6GHz
with c and c++ flags
-fast -maltivec- mcpu=G5 -ftree-vectorize

also trying on an AMD athlon (i think)  1.something GHz  processor
under linux with
-msse2 -ftree-vectorize

not sure if i even have sse2 on that processor...

no idea if this is really the right set of flags to use...
maybe should use -O3 not -fast  .. anyway we shall see...

Dan

On Jan 31, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 2006-01-31 11:46, Dan White said:
>
>> I was wondering if any experts know about
>> the possibility of the autovectorziation function
>> of the gcc 4.0.1 (and later) compiler collection
>>
>> *SNIP*
>>
>> I'm having a go on an OSX VTK 5 CVS (from a while back, not newest
>> CVS) build on an G5....
>
> I've never tried, but am interested to hear your results!  Will you
> post
> back to the list after you try?
>
> --

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35