[vtkusers] building VTK with MinGW ?

Runar Lyngset runarylv at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Jan 31 05:25:46 EST 2006

Has anyone successfully built the VTK library using MinGW? If so, I would be
very interested in your configuration detatils.

I have attempted to build both VTK 5.0 and 4.4 using CMake 2.3 (CVS-version)
with MinGW using GNU Make v. 3.80

VTK 4.4 comes up with multiple CMake errors and VTK 5.0 makefile compiles,
but fails in linking the binaries.

If anyone sees what the problem might be, please respond.

Errors:

"Linking CXX static library ../bin/libvtkFiltering.a"

The input line is too long.

mingw32-make[2]: *** [bin/libvtkFiltering.a] Error 255

mingw32-make[1]: *** [Filtering/CMakeFiles/vtkFiltering.dir/all] Error 2

mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Runar Lyngset