[vtkusers] vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and vtkVolumeRayCastMapper linking error

Runar Lyngset runarylv at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 27 09:34:44 EST 2006

Hi.

I am new to VTK and am having some problems running an example code under
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 using C++.  Previously I have successfully run
the volume ray casting example with VTK 4.2 but have currently built the
libraries from the CVS repository. My code compiles but when linking the
code I get errors referring to the vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction and the
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper instantiations. Does anyone have a suggestion as to
how to deal with this problem.  Should I go back to an earlier version of
VTK?

Sincerely,

Runar Lyngset

Errors:

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000877) "public: static
class vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)"
(?New at vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in
function "public: virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char
const *)" (?OnOpenDocument at CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD at Z)

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000A9F) "public: static
class vtkVolumeRayCastMapper * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New(void)"
(?New at vtkVolumeRayCastMapper@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public:
virtual int __thiscall CVisUIDoc::OnOpenDocument(char const *)"
(?OnOpenDocument at CVisUIDoc@@$$FUAEHPBD at Z)

VisUIDoc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static