[vtkusers] vtk build for 10.3 and 10.4

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:38:27 EST 2006

I defined the following with ccmake:
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS                ON
VTK_USE_CARBON                   ON
VTK_USE_COCOA                    OFF
VTK_WRAP_TCL                     ON
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON                  ON

I am using TclTkAquaBI 8.4.10 for Mac OS X 10.3 and later from:
http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/

I added the following in ccmake to try and make the VTK build compatible
with 10.3:
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS                  -DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=1030
CMAKE_C_FLAGS                    -DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=1030

and "export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3" before my make command.

It has built fine, but just sits and spins on 10.4 when I run the
Medical1.tcl example.

I'm giving up on 10.3, and dropping the version defines.  I will build
for just 10.4 now, without the extra defines and environment variable.
If you don't hear from me, it worked.  ;)  Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

--
Gavin W. Burris aka 86
Senior Systems Programmer