[vtkusers] vtk build for 10.3 and 10.4

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 16:17:59 EST 2006

My goal is to build VTK with Tcl wrappings that will run on 10.3.9 or
better.

I was able to build on Mac OS X 10.4.2 + Xcode 2.2 with the CVS version
of VTK.  I added "-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=1039" to
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS and CMAKE_C_FLAGS.  This builds a version that will run
fine on OS X 10.3.9, but not on 10.4.2.  When running the Medical1.tcl
example on 10.4.2, the Carbon window will appear, but just spin/wait
with no graphics ever appearing.

Do I have to also define "-DMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED=????"?
Shouldn't just setting the minimum version also support newer versions?

Cheers.

--
Gavin W. Burris aka 86
Senior Systems Programmer