[vtkusers] Texture Mapping Problem....Please Help !!!!!

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 17:29:44 EST 2006

Hi again Marc,

  I tried the vtkQuadricDecimation Filter with various target reductions -- 0.2, 0.5, 0.8, 0.9.

  But if i decimate using this filter and then try to display with the texture.........the texture does not show up at all.

  It looks like it is displayed in uniform color.

  Waiting for your reply.

  Regards,

  Deepak

Marc Cotran <marc at cotran.ca> wrote:
  Deepak Roy wrote:

> But when i visualize these surface models, in third party vrml viewers
> the texture comes out well. Its only in my program that i find these
> pattern of cracks.
> What do you think could be the problem ?

Hi again Deepak,

Something you could try... Run your vtkPolyData through the
vtkQuadricDecimation filter with an insignificant target reduction. I
was able to clean up some of my models using this technique, though
still haven't figured out *why* it works.

hth

Marc