[vtkusers] Texture Mapping Problem....Please Help !!!!!

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 16:27:51 EST 2006

Hello Marc,

  Thanks for the reply.

  I started working back on this texture issue now, which set aside due to other high priority work.

  But when i visualize these surface models, in third party vrml viewers the texture comes out well. Its only in my program that i find these pattern of cracks.

  What do you think could be the problem ?

  Regards,

  Deepak

Marc Cotran <marc at cotran.ca> wrote:
  Hi Deepak,

I had experienced similar results before and concluded that the polygon
normals were the culprit. I would suggest visualizing the polydata mesh
in wireframe to see if some of your polygons are oriented opposite to
the others. I am not sure this is what you're dealing with, but it might
explain your problem. As for a potential solution... I am at a loss.

Should you figure out the problem, I'd love to know the solution.

HTH,

Marc