[vtkusers] Geforce 6600 and isosurface display problem

Binjie Qin bjqin at sjtu.edu.cn
Fri Jan 6 07:35:09 EST 2006

Dear vtkusers:
     There is display problem in which 3D skull isosurface polygons were
displayed in black under continuous rendering procedure using
pRenWin->render() function, and the isosurface model can be normally
displayed with some flicking on screen if the isosurface model be clicked
with mouse.
     These problem did not take place in ATI graphical card before
application moved to new computer platform with Geforce 6600 GT graphical
card.
     The problem may be related to Geforce 6600 graphical card's
acceleration on texture mapping, but I cannot find solution.
     I used pRenWin->SetupMemoryRendering()function to avoid the problem,
but this solution decelerate the appliction.
     Any advice will be most appreciated! Thank you in advance!

attachment is 3D isosurface displayed in black using Geforce 6600
graphical card

Binjie Qin, Ph.D.
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Shanghai Jiao Tong University