[vtkusers] Problem with vtkAVIWriter

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:06:58 EST 2006

I'm not 100%, but I believe the proper procedure is to call
aviWriter->Start, then do the screen updates.  With every update call
RenderWindow.Render & WindowToImageFilter.Update, then aviWriter->Write.  At
the very end of the entire sequence, do aviWRiter->End.

On 2/28/06, Rosario Varriale <rosario.varriale at esaote.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use vtkAVIWriter to save an animation of a volume rendering.
> I use vtkWindowToImageFilter.
> Inside a loop I rotate the vtkRenderer Camera, call vtkRenderWindow.Render
> and than vtkAVIWriter.Write method.
> What I get is a single frame avi file. Anyone has tried something similar?
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Rosario.
>

> ====
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic12316.jpg)
> Rosario Varriale
> Software Engineer
> ESAOTE S.p.A. - R&S Napoli
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> The materials in this electronic mail transmission
> (including all attachments) are private and confidential
> and are the property of Esaote SpA.
> Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution,
> or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
> of this material is strictly prohibited.
> Please notify the sender if you have received this in error.
>
> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di
> posta elettronica e relativi allegati sono proprietà di
> Esaote SpA e sono riservate;
> ne é vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
> Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente
> messaggio è destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e
> ad informare colui che lo ha inviato.

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist,
ERDC-MSRC Vicksburg, MS