[vtkusers] about GetPixelData method

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue Feb 28 08:54:24 EST 2006

Mahmoud Ismail wrote:

>  I found the GetPixelData method In vtkWindow Class
>  but it takes five integer inputs and i don't what are they refer to

Thanks to pointed out this missing documentation. I committed the change to CVS, you should see the right documentation
on-line tomorrow.

Reading through the implementation in Rendering/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow, I think the arguments are:

virtual unsigned char *GetPixelData(int x, int y, int x2, int y2,
                                      int front) = 0;
virtual int GetPixelData(int x, int y, int x2, int y2, int front,
                           vtkUnsignedCharArray *data) = 0;

(x,y) is any corner of the rectangle. (x2,y2) is its opposite corner on the diagonal.

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive