[vtkusers] Re: The New ParaView Guide (updated for version 2.4)

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Feb 27 13:45:19 EST 2006

At 01:21 PM 2/27/2006, Arash Jahangir wrote:
>Hi Amy,
>
>How is this new book different than the old one?  I am trying to
>decide if it is worth buying, given that I already have the previous edition.
>
>On a related note, when will there be updated VTK books that take
>into account VTK-5?
>
>thanks,
>Arash

Hi Arash,

The entire book has been updated for the 2.4 version of
ParaView.  (ParaView 1.8 was released in December 2004; ParaView 2.4
was first released in November 2005.)  Several chapters have been
mostly rewritten (instead of just revised) because of changes in the
use of ParaView or in the underlying architecture.  These include the
following.

Animation
Introduction to Parallel Computing and Visualization
Parallel ParaView
Writing ParaView Readers
Render Modules

As for the VTK books, they are currently being updated for VTK 5.0.

- Amy