[vtkusers] A simple question about texture mapping as a new user of VTK

Cem DEMiRKIR cdemirkir at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:03:33 EST 2006

Dear VTK users,
    I'd like to visualizea face data which is obtained by a 3D scanner.
Although the texture image data is valid and available for all of the
possible 640x480 x and y coordinate values, some of the 3D coordinates are
not available and valid for some of the (x,y,z) coordinate values of the
face surface due to occlusion and other illumination conditions, surface
reflections. How can I perform texture mapping of the texture image to these
point cloud if I don't want to map the texture for the non-valid, i.e.
non-available, 3D points. Is there any example for this situation and also
How can I write these kind of 3D data with the texture coordinates in the
VTK data format ? I'd be grateful to anyone who leads me to an effective
solution for this situation using VTK ?

    Sincerely
    Cem DEMiRKIR