[vtkusers] MFC splitter window for vdk

Syed Ijaz suspended at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:18:11 EST 2006

I want to create a splitter window using MFC that shows a vtk scene and a
toolbox on the side. To give you an idea, here is what I need:

http://limefocus.net/screenshot1.jpg

As you can see there is a tool bar on the left hand side of the vdk scene. I
have been trying to implement this using splitter windows but with no luck.
Every time I try to make the vdk window a child of the splitter document, it
renders the scene in its own window like this:

http://limefocus.net/screenshot2.jpg

How can I make sure that the vdk scene stays inside the parent? Maybe I am
not setting the parent correctly? Here is a how I am setting the vdk parent
right now:

this->renWin->SetParentId(m_hWnd);

Thanks.
Syed Ijaz