[vtkusers] Setting up a simple xyz grid with rgb color values.

Chris Larson cklarson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:52:06 EST 2006

It may be that I'm simply missing a FAQ somewhere, so I'll happily
accept an rtfm here.

I'm working with a dataset that consists of a pair of triplets in
which the first group represents adjacent points in an x,y,z array.
That is, for example:

21 34 62 63.5 72.9 21.4
21 35 62 46 79 12
21 36 62 52.5 77.3 15

What I'd like to do is plot the first triplet (i.e. 21 34 62) as
adjacent pixels in an x,y,z structure.  I'd like the plot the second
group (i.e. 63.5 72.9 21.4) as rgb values.

Could someone point me in the right direction as far as data type,
file format, terminology? At least a pointer to the docs Or is this
something where I need to curl up with the vtk file format docs for
the night?

I recognize that this cry for help is about as uninformed noob as you
can get, and no doubt a simple terminological or interface gap easily
addressed, but just getting my feet wet, I'd sure appreciate the help.

For what it's worth, I'm working in Paraview. If it's a simple
interface issue, all the better. This is a bit of a hobby project, and
at this point I can't easily rationalize buying the book, so I'm doing
what I can by exploring the interface. Although if someone could
suggest a documentation resource available online, that'd be, well,
just plain great.

And if I'm being a complete idiot, simply say so.

Much appreciation,

Chris Larson
Just this guy.