[vtkusers] vtk50 + cmake22 + VC++.Net Express

Xiaofeng Zhao xf10036 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:51:58 EST 2006

Other than a lot of warning of "'strcpy' was declared deprecated",  I was
able to build and install in the this combination.  However, quite a few of
tests fail.  I was able to look into one of the failed test:
TestHierarchicalBoxPipeline.  The error occurs at the following statement:
    return v?(&v->Value[0]):0;
in file vtkInformationKeyVectorKey, when the program encountered an access
violation trying to access Value[0] while the size of Value is zero.  By
changing the above statement to:
    return v&&!v->Value.empty()?(&v->Value[0]):0;
The test passes without error.

Since the same test passes under Linux/gcc, I'm wonder whether it is that:
1. There're prior errors slipped through without been reported under
Windows, or
2. (very unlikely) Linux/gcc allows the access violation to go by without a
core dump.

Any idea?

XZ
http://www.xzing.org