[vtkusers] Texture mapping

Kirthi Krishnamraju kirthi_9_6 at rediffmail.com
Sat Feb 18 14:55:29 EST 2006

Hi,

I donno whether the question I am asking is very complex or very trivial but i hope somebody helps me.

I have a vtk file with 3d co-ordinates to make a face.I also have texture co-ordinates in 2d but the number of texture co-ordinates are more than the number of 3d co-ordinates. I also have a .ppm file for texture mapping.
I also have a texture index file in the format.
0 1 2
2 1 3
This set is the same number as the cells i have in the vtk file. i.e if i have about 40,000 triangle strips in the vtk file then there are 40,000 such triangle indices in the texture index file too...

This texture index 0 1 2 means the triangle with points 0 1 2 shud hv the texture co-ordinates as the 0th texture co-ordinate, 1th texture co-ordinate and 2nd texture co-ordinate.

I have seen that the vtk file takes texture co-ordinate as part of the attributes but I donno how to include the texture indices.

Another place where i am facing a problem is the texture co-ordinates i am having are almost 4 times more than the points i have. So when i am running the program i am getting the error
"vtkPolyDataReader (013AA920): Number of points don't match number data values!"

I am in a fix as to what i shud do.
Its a little urgent.

Can anyone please help me

Regards