[vtkusers] volume rendering performance

flin at enders.tch.harvard.edu flin at enders.tch.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 16 16:17:50 EST 2006

Sorry for taking me so long to get back to this.

I tried FixedPointRayCastMapper and VolumeTextureMapper3D. I didn't see
much improvement with FixedPoint, could that because I don't have dual
processors?  or is there something I missed?
With VolumeTextureMapper3D, the speed is twice as fast as the
RayCastMapper, however, it seems only working for certain type of data ( I
created a sphere and a block, only the sphere shows up with 3d texture).
Does anyone have some explanation for that?

Thanks.

/faith